Lois Lowry's Blog
Here are just a few of the things i am thankful for:
1. That while Alfie had to wait in line at the kennel, because so many dogs were checking in for the holiday, and he was surrounded by labs, retrievers, schnauzers, a Newf, and a couple of poodles..... he wagged his tail at all of them.
2. That we are boarding a plane this afternoon for Zurich, and therefore I don't have to cook a turkey.
3. That tomorrow morning we go from Zurich to Luxembourg and will be greeted by my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, two of my favorite people in this world.
4. That my Maine caretaker phoned yesterday to say that the exterminator DID show up to deal with the mice.
5. That Deval Patrick will soon be the new governor of Massachusetts.
6. That I have just yesterday typed page 50 of a new book. Until 50, one is still "starting"...after 50, you know where you're going. The same could be said, I suppose, of age 50.
7. That I have most of my Christmas shopping done.